2002 May 29 17:15

Re: [vox] Cool Trick

On Wed, May 29, 2002 at 11:32:58AM -0700, Roland (Rusty) Minden wrote:

> I have wanted to know how to do this and it worked. Any cool tricks by any of
> you?

Back before we had three computers (one for me, one for Melissa, one for
random guest who wanted to check their e-mail), I'd run GDM on two displays.

One for me (Ctrl-Alt-F7), and one for the other uses (Ctrl-Alt-F8).

I'd simply lock my display and switch to 'F8', and others could log in and
out and go about their business.

Mem. hog, but useful!  GDM supports this pretty much out-of-the-box.

-bill!

PS - Rusty!  Are you getting any "if@lugod.org" e-mail?
     I've been wanting to know if there's any scheduled for June! :)