2002 May 28 19:25

[vox] Richard Hunter of Gartner, Inc. on KDVS tomorrow

FYI

-bill!

----- Forwarded message from Andy Jones <aojones@ucdavis.edu> -----

Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 09:36:07 -0700
From: Andy Jones <aojones@ucdavis.edu>
Subject: Richard Hunter on the Radio Tomorrow
To: aggiedailycalendar@californiaaggie.com, ddavis@davisenterprise.net,
   John Marcotte <john@biznerds.com>, dcn-admin@dcn.davis.ca.us

For Immediate Release
May 28, 2002

Dr. Andy Welcomes Richard Hunter, Author and Vice-President with a
division of Gartner, Inc., the world's largest technology research
firm.

DAVIS, CA -- Andy Jones announced today that he has booked Richard
Hunter, technology security expert and author of World Without Secrets:
Business, Crime and Privacy in the Age of Ubiquitous Computing. Mr.
Hunter is also a world-class harmonica virtuoso. On May 29 at 5pm on
KDVS, Dr. Andy and Mr. Hunter will discuss security and the Internet,
"Art without Secrets" (Chapter 10), and the harmonica on "Dr. Andy's
Poetry and Technology Hour."

In the second half-hour of the show, Andy will discuss the poetry of,
and recent writing awards won by, Ann Hunkins, local poet and activist.

For more information about these and other past and future guests
(including, next May 5th, Mike Lorion, Vice-President for Education at
Palm Computing), please visit http://www.culturelover.com.

Please tune in!

On the air since January, 2001, "Dr. Andy's Poetry and Technology Hour"
explores the boundaries and intersections between poetry and
technology, literature and media, technophilia and luddism. Always
surprising and informative, the program presents guests, topics, and
viewpoints rarely found elsewhere in local or national media. Dr. Andy
is a Lecturer in the Department of English at U.C. Davis and
Coordinator of its Computer-Aided Instruction Program
(http://cai.ucdavis.edu). The web site for "Dr. Andy's Poetry and
Technology Hour" is http://www.culturelover.com. "Dr. Andy's Poetry and
Technology Hour" can be head Wednesday afternoons from 5-6 in the
Davis/Sacramento area at 90.3 FM, and everywhere else via the web at
http://www.kdvs.org.

According to the KDVS web site, http://www.kdvs.org, "KDVS is a
non-commercial, 100% student and community run organization in
operation for over 30 years. We operate at 9,200 watts, 24 hours a day,
365 days a year. We are one of America's last free-form community radio
stations. We bring you an alternative to commercial radio and offer a
diverse program that you won't find on other Sacramento radio stations.
With coverage of public affairs, news, interviews, UCD Aggie Sports,
live bands and mind-blowing music programs, KDVS forges ahead of the
rest in educating and serving the community."

Contact Information:

"Dr. Andy's Poetry and Technology Hour"
Wednesday afternoons from 5-6
In the Davis/Sacramento area at 90.3 FM, and everywhere else via the
web at http://www.kdvs.org
Contact Dr. Andy at aojones@ucdavis.edu
or during business hours at (530) 752-3408
For more information, visit http://www.culturelover.com

"Dr. Andy's Poetry and Technology Hour" and all KDVS programming can be
heard live or up to a week later via the world wide web. Please visit
http://www.kdvs.org.

----- End forwarded message -----