2002 May 23 10:53

Re: [vox] Re: [vox][ot] Why threaded mailer (Was posting etiquette on vo

Re: [vox] Re: [vox][ot] Why threaded mailer (Was posting etiquette on vox-tech)

Have you tried http://www.mutt.org ?  The documentation there is pretty good, but I recommend peeking at a couple of the muttrc files that they have listed there.

On Thu, May 23, 2002 at 09:14:15AM -0700, Mark K. Kim wrote:
> Moved to vox for obvious reasons.
>
> Is there a quickstart guide to Mutt?  I tried it a couple times and
> realized I can't even find a key stroke to look at my other folders.
>
> I don't use threaded mailer (PINE) but it's still good to conform to
> threading because... it's like those pesky spaces and tabs at the end of
> lines you can't see in source codes but you know they're there and they
> bug you so much...
>
> -Mark (s/[^I ]*$//)
>

> On Wed, 22 May 2002, nbs wrote:
>
> > On Wed, May 22, 2002 at 10:53:29PM -0700, Steven Peck wrote:
> > >
> > > Hmmmm.....
> > > [1] Never understood tracking messages by threading, tried it long ago
> > > and hated it, so I was unaware of the side effect :) and welll.......
> > > I'll try to remember, but I'm an old dog.
> >
> > Well, when I see something like this:
> >
> >    [vox] Help, my winmodem doesn't work
> >
> > followed by 2 dozen followups, since I don't care about or use even
> > NON-Win modems, I can easily delete the entire thread by hitting [Esc] [D]
> >

> > Switching to a threaded mail client (in my case, switching from elm to mutt)
> > has helped TREMENDOUSLY.  I can keep track of ancient correspondences
> > in my "lugod" folder, clip and trim and skim through the countless mailing
> > lists I'm subscribed to, and so forth.
> >

> > > [2] Doh!  Wrong folder! :/
> >
> > :)
> >
> > -bill!