2002 May 24 13:34

[vox] Re: [vox][ot] Why threaded mailer (Was posting etiquette on vox-te

[vox] Re: [vox][ot] Why threaded mailer (Was posting etiquette on vox-tech)

Moved to vox for obvious reasons.

Is there a quickstart guide to Mutt?  I tried it a couple times and
realized I can't even find a key stroke to look at my other folders.

I don't use threaded mailer (PINE) but it's still good to conform to
threading because... it's like those pesky spaces and tabs at the end of
lines you can't see in source codes but you know they're there and they
bug you so much...

-Mark (s/[^I ]*$//)

On Wed, 22 May 2002, nbs wrote:

> On Wed, May 22, 2002 at 10:53:29PM -0700, Steven Peck wrote:
> >
> > Hmmmm.....
> > [1] Never understood tracking messages by threading, tried it long ago
> > and hated it, so I was unaware of the side effect :) and welll.......
> > I'll try to remember, but I'm an old dog.
>
> Well, when I see something like this:
>
>    [vox] Help, my winmodem doesn't work
>
> followed by 2 dozen followups, since I don't care about or use even
> NON-Win modems, I can easily delete the entire thread by hitting [Esc] [D]
>

> Switching to a threaded mail client (in my case, switching from elm to mutt)
> has helped TREMENDOUSLY.  I can keep track of ancient correspondences
> in my "lugod" folder, clip and trim and skim through the countless mailing
> lists I'm subscribed to, and so forth.
>

> > [2] Doh!  Wrong folder! :/
>
> :)
>
> -bill!