2002 May 22 00:34

Re: [vox] lugod history

I found it on Google:

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=75a47i%24rhm%241%40mark.ucdavis.edu&output=gplain

I found it by:

   1. Do groups search on Google for "linux group group:ucd.life"
   2. Sort by date.
   3. Go to the last page.
   4. Click on "View thread" next to "Re: Davis Linux User Group?!?"
   5. Move to top.  Click on "View this article only".
   6. Click on "Original format".

It's got some interesting replies, like the one from Greg Young's that
talks about OCA (Open Computing Association).  OCA had very few members,
of which I was one...  It died off soon after it was obvious LUGOD was
getting all the open source users.  Other reason for it never taking off
being it a UCD club with lots of hurdles to go through to get established.
Dick Walters from the CS dept was the faculty sponsor; he does some M
programming and does RTA project -- maybe he wants to come give us a talk
on M or RTA?

Now OCA would have been able to get RMS over to Davis... but I don't
regret any about OCA not taking off :)

-Mark (who likes to reminesce about his college years...)

On Tue, 21 May 2002, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:

> hi there,
>
> i remember someone had a copy of my original post where i asked, (on
> ucd.life i think) if anyone wanted to start a linux users' group in
> davis.
>
> if you have a copy of this post, can you email it to me?
>
> thanks!
> pete

Mark K. Kim
http://www.cbreak.org/