2002 May 21 19:14

Re: [vox] Motherboard + CPU advice

> > The XP's were about $130, motherboards were at about the right price. So
> > with a motherboard combo they were offering an XP 1600 and m/board for
> > $199. I laughed at them and walked out
>
> for the best deals, you need to go mail order.  cpu and motherboard are
> perfect for mailorder.   unlike something like a monitor or case, where
> savings get eaten by shipping.
>
> pete

Thanks so much Pete...I have found a deal at Tufshop with everything included
and came out at $153 including taxes and shipping. Hate those things coming
from too far...

Not bad, its an ECS cheapo motherboard and an XP 1600 1.4Ghz processer.

Currently my wife has a Duron 1.1 ghz and its not acceptable that she has a
faster machine than me lol.

Again thanks,

Matt