2002 May 21 16:12

Re: [vox] Linux TV tuner card.

On Tuesday 21 May 2002 14:25, Don Werve wrote:
> I'm looking for a TV tuner card for my soon to be better-and-faster Linux
> workstation; reason being that I'm *finally* moving out, and don't feel
> much like buying a TV when I've got a really nice 19" monitor.  It's not
> like I'm really a boob tube glutton anyways, so I can't really even justify
> the cost of a TV; whereas I can the cost of a video capture/TV tuner card
> (Hey, I can do my own Invader Zim encoding then).
>
> I've found a ton of projects listed that support various chipsets, but
> I can't find a good listing of *supported cards*.  Anyone have one they'd
> care to recommend?

The Hauppage cards are the ones I have seen listed frequently. But I was using
the Lifeview FM (I think it was lifeview) with much success. I believe
anything with the bt848 chipset should work. Mine was working until I forgot
to pay for the cable bill..No loss silly thing distracted me from learning
anyway.

Matt