2002 May 21 15:58

Re: [vox] Linux TV tuner card.

Don Werve wrote:

> I'll check ATI out; I just want a tuner/capture card, though; my nVidia
> GeForce provides rather nice graphics.

Anything with a Brooktree (now Conexant) BT878 chipset has been supported
for quite some time (it's an older chipset), companies like Hauppague make
all sorts of boards that use it.  I've got a WinTV-Go from them, definitely
the bare-bones version -- I think they sell for something like $30 now.

Mark's right that the setup is usually pretty tricky, however.  I had a
heck of a time getting it to run in linux a year or two ago...  but
there have been a number of efforts to standardize the video for linux
interface, and things may be a lot easier now.

				-Lynn