2002 May 21 10:41

Re: [vox] Stallman on Slashdot

Well sure, RMS gets to decide how he'll spend his time and
under what conditions.

And the rest of us get to decide what we think of him.  :-)

My view: I respect Stallman's contributions, but I'm gonna
call it Linux.  It's easier to say than GNU/Linux, it's the
commonly accepted label, and so it lets me finish a
sentence without distracting from whatever point I want to
make.

Also I think RMS's request that LUGs change their names in
return for his presence is offensive.  Sure he has the right
to ask, but it's still tacky.

-- Rod
   http://www.sunsetsystems.com/