2002 May 20 14:53

[vox] Fwd: Group purpose

On the NBLUG mailing list, someone pointed out:
<snip>
> There are a number of other worthwhile documents (several referenced in
> Rick's essay), among them:
>
>     GNU/Linux User Group HOWTO
>     Kendall Grant Clark
>     http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/User-Group-HOWTO.html
>
> The User Group Howto (UGH) suggests four primary goals:
>
>     * advocacy
>     * education
>     * support
>     * socializing
<snip>

I like these four.  They also summarize Article 2 of our constitution,
more or less:

   Article 2: Purpose

     Our purposes are:

       1. To promote the GNU/Linux operating system, Free Software,
          Open Source, and open standards, in Yolo County and, in particular,
          the city of Davis.

       2. To provide a social setting in which Linux-using Yolo county
          residents can meet each other to share ideas, technical know-how
          and friendship.

       3. To provide a support network for residents of Davis, Yolo, and
          UCD in use and maintenance of Linux and UNIX operating systems.

       4. To contribute to the free software community at large.

Would anyone be against me using those four keywords when describing the
club (eg, on LUGOD.org's main page, in press releases and other PR, etc.) ???

-bill!
pr@lugod.org
http://www.lugod.org/