2002 May 17 22:36

Re: [vox] MD5 Checksums and Public Downloading

Re: [vox] MD5 Checksums and Public Downloading

Quoting Shwaine (shwaine@malevolence.com):

> Ah, so I see your plan is to throw around misdirections and strawmen
> rather than address the valid points which Micah and I have raised.
> I bet you are a real joy around the office.

1.  Polemics much?

2.  Was there a particular part of "Those were real-world concerns all
along" you failed to understand the first time?

I'm a sysadmin.  I can't count how many times somebody, often a
collegiate type, came to me with a dumbass idea he imagined looked good
on (virtual) paper.  My reaction tends to be, as in this case, "So, how
did your pilot project turn out?"

> No matter.

Quite so.  My point exactly.

> Let us address your concerns as they are.

Yes, what about that?  I assume your attached results of performance and
usability studies, using either GnuPG or <chuckle> any other OpenPGP
implementation you happen to find lying around, must have gotten
tragically lost in transmission.