2002 May 15 15:10

[vox] Overheard...

I swear this actually occurred, not more than five minutes ago, and not more than six feet from where I'm sitting...

[Curtain rises.]

Department Director:  Is this the network cable?

IT Guy:  No, that's the printer cable.  That's the network cable over there, the one that looks like a phone jack on steroids.

DD:	Oh, okay.  Got it.  Where do we plug it in?

IT:	Just plug it into the phone jack right there.

DD:	It doesn't fit.  It's too big.

IT:	Yeah, sometimes you just have to force them in pretty hard.

[Sound of pounding, followed by furious mouse-clicking and typing.]

DD: I still can't connect to the network.

IT:	Hang on, I'll go check the server.

[Curtain falls.  Catastrophically.]

Sometimes it's all I can do to just keep my mouth shut and keep typing.  At least I get a free show out of this temp job. ;-)

--
Sliante,
Richard S. Crawford

MSN:  underpope@hotmail.com