2002 May 14 16:49

[vox] The 5 W's of "vox"...

I asked this before, but I never got a satisfying answer:

   - Whose idea was it to use the term "vox" for our mailing lists?

   - Why latin?  Why not German or French or Spanish?  Or English, for
     that matter...

   - Why pick such an ambiguous word?  (ie. "voice" of what?  I got
     lots of mailing lists I subscribe to, all of which I guess are
     voices of *something*.  AMOF, all my e-mails are voices of someone
     else or myself!)

I mean, I'm always glad to learn a new word, foreign or otherwise, but it
does beg the question...

-Mark

--
Mark K. Kim