2002 May 10 09:04

Re: [vox] Windows versions

I suspect a break-up or serious sanctions are what is
needed.  It will be interesting to see how sanctions in
the EU effect things in the US, paticularly if they are
very different.  Of, course, no word yet.....
http://www.theregus.com/content/4/24916.html

The other interesting thought if strong sanctions do
actually get put into effect is what it will do to the
IT industry.  Like 'em or not, they are a monopoly.  So
if they are 'broken up', will it be like the break up
in the telecom industry with an initial hike in prices
and massive confusion?  Or will that vast pull of money
those in Redmond are hoarding right now, buffer and buy
the loyalty of the major customer base?

-sp

On Fri, 10 May 2002, Don Werve wrote

wrote:
> > I am firmly convinced that when the appeals court
ruled, they were really saying they think
> > that Microsoft should be broken up into even more
parts. And I am firmly convinced that
> > Microsoft should be broken up into even more parts.
>
> I'm of the belief that they need to be reduced to
component molecules.

> --
> Don Werve <donw@examen.com> (Unix System
Administrator)