2002 May 03 13:37

Re: [vox] A web-based port scanner....?

What, not ShieldUp?  :)
I thought that there was one on insecure.org, but
doesn't look like it.  Hmmm..... I remember one as well.

You might try here;
http://packetderm.cotse.com/cgi-bin/port.cgi
I may have the link you are talking about at home.
I'll check when I get there tonight.

-sp

"Richard S. Crawford" wrote

> Back when I was setting up my home network, I
frequently made use of a web-based port scanner to
check security.  It was great: it would scan the system
and send me a report via e-mail letting me know of open
ports and other conditions to address.  Wasn't a
perfect tool, of course, but a good starting place.

> I've lost the bookmark, and because a friend of mine
informed me that there's an odd port open on my system
which I can't seem to address with my firewall
software, I'd like to check it again.

> Does anyone know the tool that I'm talking about?  Or
something like it?

> --
> Sliante,
> Richard S. Crawford

> AIM:  Buffalo2K   ICQ: 11646404  Yahoo!: rscrawford
> MSN:  underpope@hotmail.com
>
> "It is only with the heart that we see rightly; what
is essential is