2002 May 03 11:44

[vox] A web-based port scanner....?

Back when I was setting up my home network, I frequently made use of a web-based port scanner to check security.  It was great: it would scan the system and send me a report via e-mail letting me know of open ports and other conditions to address.  Wasn't a perfect tool, of course, but a good starting place.

I've lost the bookmark, and because a friend of mine informed me that there's an odd port open on my system which I can't seem to address with my firewall software, I'd like to check it again.

Does anyone know the tool that I'm talking about?  Or something like it?

--
Sliante,
Richard S. Crawford

MSN:  underpope@hotmail.com