2002 May 02 16:10

Re: [vox] What's in store for summer!

On Thu, May 02, 2002 at 03:07:17PM -0700, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:

> i thought he already confirmed!
>
> is there a possibility that wil not show up?

Well, to let the cat out of the proverbial bag  (reeaaaoorrrwww!!),
Wil Wheaton [*] agreed to come talk at LUGOD, and probably do some
fund-raiser benefit-flavored thing for EFF.  (He's very pro-EFF, anti-DMCA,
by the way)

Anyway, Robin Gross from EFF replied to a previous email, right after
Wil did, and we decided to make it a big all-in-one event, with both
Wil and Robin.

Wil's pretty hard to get replies from (which was odd, since he responded
to my first e-mail pretty much within hours :^) ), and Robin started
getting worried that this event won't happen.

I'm fairly certain SHE's coming, since Joe Arruda has offered to be the
transportation.  (Joe - please confirm!)

As for him, he FINALLY responded to my most recent 'ping!' message, and
said he can make it, assuming work (he does a show on that new "G4"
video game channel) doesn't interfere.

He couldn't remember WHEN we were talking about, so I had to remind him:
"June 4th!"

No response yet.  I may need to keep pinging him.  He should be used to
it from me, by now. ;)

So anyway.... June 4th - almost definitely Robin Gross.
HOPEFULLY Wil Wheaton, too. :)

(My current suggestion is we hold a fund-raising autograph event for
a few hours before the LUGOD meeting, then move Robin and Wil to Z-World
and have Robin talk about EFF, and then Wil talk about... well.. Wil. :^) )

Cross your proverbial fingers!  (rreeeaoorrww!)

-bill!
pr@lugod.org
http://www.lugod.org/

[*] - You know, Wesley Crusher, from Star Trek: TNG!