2002 May 02 15:10

Re: [vox] Printouts for WEF

begin nbs <nbs@sonic.net>
> On Thu, May 02, 2002 at 02:32:57PM -0700, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> >
> > ahhh.  ok, i understand.  but still, how about:
> >
> > * Microsoft Is Watching You
> >   + WinXP Search Assistant secretly sends your personal info to Microsoft
>
> Hehe - I'm lazy, and already printed it.  (It's in HTML, and took lots
> of tweaking to get to print right, pagination-wise, for 'psnup'...
> I really should've used StarOffice, AbiWord or LaTeX... but I'm such an
> HTML junkie!)
>

> Anyway... :)
>

> > btw, this might be useful for the 4H thing too!
>
> MMm... MAYBE.  I think of the 4-H thing as more of a "pro-Linux" for the
> kids, rather than an "anti-The-Man" for the WEF goers.

i couldn't disagree more.  they want a talk about "why linux".  that
question is very effectively answered by "why not microsoft" (which also
answers "why bsd", but we'll let the bsd'ers worry about that one).

but i understand what you're saying.  we can certainly tone it down.
but giving reasons why not to use MS is extremely savy and highly
poignant.