2002 May 01 18:29

[vox] Win4Lin vs VMWare...

Fellow LUGODders,

I am considering buying either VMWare or Win4Lin. I am sick of having my
wife's computer going south every 5 minutes (hyperbole intended). I want
to go Linux all the way but still give her (and me) the ability to run
Windows apps.

There is an evaluation version of VMWare available, but I can't find
anything like that at the Win4Lin site. Anyone run either program? Is
Win4Lin as good as VMWare? Win4Lin is a heck of a lot cheaper
than VMWare--suffice to say, I'm leaning in that direction.

Thanks!

--
R. Douglas Barbieri
doug@dooglio.net