2002 May 01 13:25

Re: [vox] /etc/apt/sources.list --- testing -> woody?

On Tue, 30 Apr 2002, nbs wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 30, 2002 at 04:23:25PM -0700, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> > according to mike, unstable will always be called sid.
>
> This is correct.  (Well, at least, Mike told ME this, too :^) )
>
> Based on what Mike said the other day when I asked him about this
> briefly, 'testing' WILL stop being woody, once woody becomes stable.
> Just as 'testing' turned INTO woody, when potato became stable.
>
> Or.. uh.. something ;)
>
> Mike?!

Mike never tells a lie.  If the truth is not pleasant, he still won't lie
-- just stare at the ground and shrug and mumble something incoherent.

So... if you could audibly make out that sid is always unstable, and
stable will get a new name ... it must be *true*!

;)
Christine