2002 May 01 06:17

Re: [vox] /etc/apt/sources.list --- testing -> woody?

On Wed, May 01, 2002 at 12:08:42AM -0700, Rick Moen wrote:
> > Is it safe to simply go into my /etc/apt/sources.list and replace all
> > references to 'testing' to say 'woody' instead?
>
> You _could_ do that, but that would effectively mean that you're
> backtracking from following the "testing" track to following what for a
> while will be the "stable" track -- and then will cease to progress at
> all, when "woody" is eventually retired to the archives.  I would
> suggest that you really don't want to do that.

Perhaps I could just leave it at "woody" for now, to ensure I keep all
the nifty stuff I've installed (KDE2, XF86 4, etc.), and then after
'things happen', switch it to 'stable.'

In other words, I'm wanting to be on the almost-bleeding-edge
(hence running testing/woody right now), but I don't currently want to
do that with what comes along in the future... I want to stick to stable,
now that all the things I wanted are about to be marked as such.

I hope I'm making sense (a little distracted as I write this)

thx!