2002 May 01 00:18

Re: [vox] /etc/apt/sources.list --- testing -> woody?

Re: [vox] /etc/apt/sources.list --- testing -> woody?

Quoting nbs (nbs@sonic.net):

> Since Woody is JUST about to become stable, and presumably the
> 'testing' branch will become something new (and less reliable).

Not really.  The "testing" symlink will be re-pointed to a new named
tree, but the heuristic for auto-populating it with selective packages
from the "unstable" branch will remain utterly unchanged.  Here's the
ruleset:

http://people.debian.org/~jules/testingfaq.html

> Is it safe to simply go into my /etc/apt/sources.list and replace all
> references to 'testing' to say 'woody' instead?

You _could_ do that, but that would effectively mean that you're
backtracking from following the "testing" track to following what for a
while will be the "stable" track -- and then will cease to progress at
all, when "woody" is eventually retired to the archives.  I would
suggest that you really don't want to do that.

--
Cheers,
Rick Moen                                Bu^so^stopu min per kulero.