2002 Apr 30 23:52

Re: [vox] Re: On the subject of Mike not being ME - Was Re: [vox] /etc/a

Re: [vox] Re: On the subject of Mike not being ME - Was Re: [vox] /etc/apt/sources.list --- testing -> woody?

On Tue, Apr 30, 2002 at 06:10:13PM -0700, ME wrote:

> Dunno. The one that sounded most interresting was the Monday, July 15,
> 2002 on ReiserFS. (Attending that meeting is not a CERTAINTY, but seems
> likely.) Well that, and to mee your local Guru Mike Simons (sorry about
> the bad spelling on your name Mike!) I have read his posts and he is way
> more elite than me. :-D

Eeexcellent.  For those not keeping track, we've got some kick-ass stuff
lined up:

  FlightGear/OpenGC (with lots of monitors/beefy hardware) next Tuesday

  The founder of Embedded Linux Consortium, AND the founder of LinuxDevices.com

  Robin Gross from EFF (tentative)

  The ActualDepth 3D monitor thingy

  Hans Reiser (as you mentioned)

  The infamous Jon 'maddog' Hall

...with some yet to be scheduled, but which should be within a week:

  Hancom
  HP Blade Servers
  Itanium
  Trolltech

...and a few REAL cool ones up my sleeve, but which may take a bit longer
to get scheduled:

  Google.com
  VMWare
  Jim Henson's Creature Shop

> His posts are good stuff. Very descriptive. Easy to read and follow. Well
> informed.

Yeah...  We need to Open Source his brain, damnit!

> Reminds me of Bill (you) and Andru in many ways - a fellow nerd.

Gah!  I'm so un'leet it's not even funny.  You, Andru and Mike are WAY
smarter than me.

That reminds me... drag Andru out here, too, damnit.  And Sterba. :)