2002 Apr 30 16:21

Re: [vox] DemoLinux

nbs wrote:

>On Tue, Apr 30, 2002 at 03:19:58PM -0700, Stephen M. Helms wrote:
><snip>
>

>>I have tried version 3 (debian version of course) and it works well.  I
>>have handed out 3 or more copies of it.  It fixes alot of Xfree86 issues
>>from 2.0 amongst other things.
>>

>Cool!  Thanks for the note.  Any caveats?  What kind of system(s) did
>you (and/or others) try it on?
>
>Any licensing issues?  Their site (kind of French-lish) is a little hard
>to understand in some places.  Does it come with anything we CAN'T
>legally copy any more?  (StarOffice, for example)
>
>-bill!

OK I gave out demo linux to 3 coworkers, one was 2.0 and two where 3.0.
 I have tested it on my work laptop and it detected everything (except
pcmcia nic) including external usb mouse.  One coworker has a Gateway
Pentium 3 box that it worked perfectly on and the second coworker had an
HP system with everything except usb mouse working.  I have also tried
it on a Dell (just like the ones at the last DCN class) GX1 and it work
great.  Also tried it on a Dell GX100 works great as well.  I can test
it on more machines at home as well.  I have a Dell Dimension XPS T500
that I can test it on as well.

I will let you know later tonight.

Stephen