2002 Apr 30 08:52

Re: [vox] Linux World in August...

On Mon, 29 Apr 2002, nbs wrote:

> Joe... you still got it...
>
> -bill!

As if there was any doubt.  I am the PJ O'Rourke/Bill Hicks of the
Open-Source Community...and Lord knows you buggers need a good mental
thrashing about every other minute or so (and to think my rants are
cheaper and probably just as damaging as any electro shock therapy you can
buy)

And just because I feel like throwing around some bile:

1. Bruce perens is the Emo Philips of Open Source (see Revolution OS and
watch him speak to see what I mean...the mans mandible has a loose flap of
skin that swings around like a misshapen slab of meat when he speaks...oh
and from having had at least one conversation with him...he's a whiny
nabob.  I watched him be a shill for HP once and it nearly made me
projectile vomit my bad conference food.

2. ESR is cooler than RMS, period. He's somewhat more grounded in reality
and he at least has something which you couldn't deposit into an orifice
of RMS with a shoehorn...a sense of humour.  BTW, RMS is a fuckwit for
letting Tim Ney go to the Gnome Foundation.  That gargantuan RMS-sycophant
he put in his place has none of the diplomactic ability, tact, or
naturally occurring sincerity and professionalism that Tim brough to the
proceedings. For whatever reason Tim left, RMS should have been offering
him ale and hookers to stay.

3. Bill Kendrick is cool.  He smiles a little too much (you act too
happy.  Be dysfunctional like the rest of humanity damnit), but otherwise
a great guy.  I figure I should try to be nice to someone
periodically....

Yous in weirder service,

P.S. Bill, #e is now #e, but there was a recent schism in the #e community
so you may either listen o the mildly disturbing (#e) or the wildly
inchoate (#gah)