2002 Apr 29 17:49

Re: [vox] Linux World in August...

> > MOST are not doing badly (almost everyone I am still in contact with from
> > VA got ne work rather quickly).  The people who are having the hardest
> > time are those who were green and useless to start with and jumped in on
> > the hype with no real credible capacity to contribute in any way that
> > resulted in anything worth more than a squirt of piss.

Heh.  The industry was *flooded* with people like that.  Many of us just made our way back to the Temporary Employment Pool at UC Davis, doing clerical work again, and resigned to keeping computer/programming/administration work at the hobbyist level.

Richard "What, me bitter? Nay, never!" Crawford

--
Sliante,
Richard S. Crawford

MSN:  underpope@hotmail.com