2002 Apr 29 16:44

Re: [vox] Linux World in August...

On Mon, 29 Apr 2002, Matthew Johnson wrote:
> Be nice to see how everyone is doing, especially as last year and the
> beginning of this year have been so...Depressing?

MOST are not doing badly (almost everyone I am still in contact with from
VA got ne work rather quickly).  The people who are having the hardest
time are those who were green and useless to start with and jumped in on
the hype with no real credible capacity to contribute in any way that
resulted in anything worth more than a squirt of piss.  That is a
generalization and I know of a few who are really hurting, but VA has
hired for a few spots and the number of PCP-induced overinflation of
resumes has been immense.  We're talking out in the fucking Isosphere of
"I am making all kinds of mad shit up in the hopes that I can get a job
that does not involve scooping shit from a cage or being a
man-whore" kinds of resume exaggeration.

> > The show looks to be somewhat better than the graveyard that was NYC 3
> > months ago.
> >

> Never went to NYC, but remember how poor LW was last August.

Last Augiust was bland but not horrid.  I heard NYC eclipsed SF for sheer
bleakness.