2002 Apr 29 16:44

Re: [vox] Linux World in August...

I'd love to go if I can get a ride.

On Monday 29 April 2002 11:06 am, R. Douglas Barbieri wrote:
> However, all is not well in LinuxWorld land. I went to their registration
> page using Mozilla and Netscape 6--both browsers bring up blank pages when
> I click on the "Register Now" button.  Gee, what a suprise, it doesn't
> work with Links either... (I have not tried it with Opera, however, but
> I suspect it would fail as well).
>
> It seems they created their registration page for Internet Explorer only--
> I had to use a Microsoft-only operation system and browser to register for
> LinuxWorld.  What's wrong with this picture?!

Yea it broke in mozilla, but you can go to

https://register.rcsreg.com/regos-1.0/linuxsf2002/adv/ga/top.html

to bypass the crap.

Why the hell do they have a "right click is bad" javascript????

( I had to wait for 30 seconds to see this )

 Registration Control Systems
Ahh Konqueror user... I know you can change the agent id.
But there seems to be a Java Script incompatibility with Konqueror at this time.
So the registration pages won't work.
PS: I use the Konqueror Browser but I still use netscape for heavy Javascript sites.

Welcome fellow Linux user.
Sorry some Web browsers is not Supported at this time. We don't like that.
We are working toward supporting all browsers that support forms.
But for right now you will need to use Netscape 4.5 or higher on the following platforms

Linux
Windows
Solaris
MacintoshInternet Explorer on