2002 Apr 29 12:27

Re: [vox] Linux World in August...

Quoting Matthew Johnson (matthew@psychohorse.com):

[Quoting the linuxworldexpo.com registration pages, when using Konq.]

> Welcome fellow Linux user.
> Sorry some Web browsers is not Supported at this time. We don't like that.
> We are working toward supporting all browsers that support forms.
> But for right now you will need to use Netscape 4.5 or higher on the
> following platforms
>
> Linux
> Windows
> Solaris
> MacintoshInternet Explorer on
>
> Windows (95,98,ME,2000)
>  Macintosh
> Win4lin and VMWareOpera 5 on
>
> Linux
> BeOS
> OS/2
> EPOC
> Macintosh
> Windows (95,98,ME,2000)

It seems that a couple of years of complaints from the Linux community
have started to bear fruit, and I'm heartened by the above.  However, it
should be seen as signs of goodwill but not necessarily technical
cluefulness.  E.g., very likely one can use a considerable array of
browsers not included in that list.

A more long-term sign of the curing of Redmondian brain damage would be
for such sites to work towards support of _specific required functionality_
rather than particular browser software.  But the above is a start,
anyway.

--
Cheers,                                      "Reality is not optional."
Rick Moen                                             -- Thomas Sowell