2002 Apr 29 16:01

[vox] Linux World in August...

Hello all,

I thought it might be fun to go to Linux World in San Francisco in August.
Is anyone interested in going? We can carpool again like we did last year
(minus any fender-benders hopefully ;))

Here is an excerpt from the email I go from them:

>Time's running out!  You have 48 hours left to register for your FREE
>Exhibits Pass to LinuxWorld Conference & Expo. This exclusive offer
>expires May 1st, so don't miss your opportunity to lock in this special
>deal!  After May 1st, Exhibit Hall admittance will be $10.00.  Take
>advantage of this limited time offer and register today!
>
>http://www.linuxworldexpo.com/reg
>
>LinuxWorld Conference & Expo
>Conference:  August 12th - August 15th
>Expo: August 13th - August 15th
>The Moscone Center
>San Francisco, CA
>http://www.linuxworldexpo.com/

***

However, all is not well in LinuxWorld land. I went to their registration
page using Mozilla and Netscape 6--both browsers bring up blank pages when
I click on the "Register Now" button.  Gee, what a suprise, it doesn't
work with Links either... (I have not tried it with Opera, however, but
I suspect it would fail as well).

It seems they created their registration page for Internet Explorer only--
I had to use a Microsoft-only operation system and browser to register for
LinuxWorld.  What's wrong with this picture?!

--
R. Douglas Barbieri
doug@dooglio.net