2002 Apr 23 16:16

Re: [vox] save the landfills -- old computers for free

On Tue, Apr 23, 2002 at 04:00:17PM -0700, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:

> i'm trying to gauge interest:
>
> #1) who here would be interested in such a system?

I definitely would; at least two of the PIIs, and I'll ask my father about
the rest.  He arranges for anonymous sources to donate computers to
schools lacking equipment; this would be a landslide.

> #2) who would be willing to pick this stuff up?
>
> this is a bit north of roseville, so the drive is non-trivial.  but it's
> not horrendous either.

I live in Citrus heights, and have access to a big-ass truck.

> any takers for #1 and/or #2?

Yep. :)