January 6: Social gathering
2002 Apr 23 15:50

Re: [vox] the lugod faq

Quoting ME (dugan@passwall.com):

> The length of my responses comes with having to deal with a few twits who
> found exceptions in what I posted. Now I include clarifications and try to
> include exceptions and limits to statements so as to not cause dissention.

I'm sometimes driven to do that, too, by all the enthusiastic,
perspective-proof, and literal-minded nitpickers out there.
The problem is that you cease to "cause dissention" because you've put
your readers to sleep.

My prefererred fix is like this:

Question.
Short answer.
Long answer.

The short answer is short, pointed, easy to understand, and inexact.
The long one is where all the quibbles, minor exceptions, and possible
misinterpretations get addressed.

--
Cheers,                Linux:  It is now safe to turn on your computer.
Rick Moen