2002 Apr 23 15:50

Re: [vox] OT: M$'s take on the CBDTPA

On Mon, 22 Apr 2002, R. Douglas Barbieri wrote:

> It is interesting that M$ is actually against this piece of legislation. I
> find it ironic that they are complaining that "Our digital technology
> future would be frozen to this [the government's] standard..."  Of course,
> it's okay with them if *they* do the standards freezing. :)

The US Federal gov't is finally -maybe- threatening to actually flex some
muscle and Bill and Co. are somewhere between too arrogant to fully
realize the implications (hence the melodrama and uber-whining) and
dropping a godzilla-shit in their collective pants over being given the
same ankle-grab-and-cornhole-with-a-shoehorn-treatment they have given
just about everyone else.

I'm sure Steve Ballmer has doubled his rogaine treatments...

Frankly, I don't think that technology should be regulated too much, but
this case has some fairly special circum,stances, and I am curious to see
how it will evolve.;..i see it as far from over.

Frankly I would rather see them not broken up and collapse under their own
weight (which I think would be quite likely), but at this point I'm just
enjoying the show...