2002 Apr 18 12:33

Re: [vox] From StarOffice to Kinkos: PS, PDF?

Re: [vox] From StarOffice to Kinkos: PS, PDF?

Quoting ME (dugan@passwall.com):

> Also, rtf is more interchangable than .doc across more platforms, and
> even very old software can open and read rtf. Though it is probably
> not growing as fast as .doc or others forms, I am not so sure it is
> shrinking (by raw number not percent.)

Note that AbiWord 0.99.3 introduced a breakthrough improvement in the
RTF export/import code.  I expect those filters will have percolated to
other, cooperating projects such as KWord, too.  Who know, maybe even
OpenOffice.  ;->

rick@linuxmafia.com     modern-American-English-usage-improvement association.