2002 Apr 15 09:08

RE: [vox] Database software for non-profits?

RE: [vox] Database software for non-profits?

How is free?  www.ebase.org
Manuals are http://www.ebase.org/manuals.htm

My dad's organization (www.sierrafoothill.org) has been using a database
that is free for non-profit organziations.  It has a wealth of features.
They are using the 1.x series and the 2.x version just came out.  I
believe his membership database is up to 1500.

It has allowed them full contact information, the ability to group
family memberships and individual donor contributions.  Donation info
for IRS letters (401c stuff).

It uses Filemaker Pro stuff as it's back end and as long as you don't
want to modify the core info templates, you don't need to purchase it.
My dad did though.  He is not a computer expert, but he was able to
downoad the prgram and get things setup on his own.  By subscribing to
the list, he was able to resolve his occassional issue with very quick
response time.

This runs on Windows,MAC OS9 or X.  I realize it is not GPL, nor does it
run on Linux, but it is free and modifiable for non-profits.

If the organization reps need to talk with someone, I can probably
arrange a call with my dad.

-sp