2002 Apr 13 12:24

Re: [vox] Re: Good LUG HOW-TO by Rick Moen

Re: [vox] Re: Good LUG HOW-TO by Rick Moen

I  have 2 kvms,  one kvm in the garage that multiplexes a couple machines
together which feeds a longview to the upstairs office into another kvm in
the office.

I'm doing 1280x1024 with no problems on a 17" lcd.

I find that this works well.  The office machines are either not always on
or in the office closet while the firewall,  linux server, video server, etc
are in the garage and since they are all linux boxen I don't have to do much
service on them.

The one thing that doesn't work is the wheel mouse although I think it's the
upstairs kvm that's the problem.

I really like the Longview for moving equipment into another room,  my
office is really quiet unless I have the local machine running.  (note: I
have a local machine for the scanner).  I should also note that I put all of
my printers on print servers which is nice in that I don't have to have a
computer up to manage a printer.

Bob Maccione
University of Phoenix

longview:  http://www.cybex.com/Cybex/PublicW2.nsf/gwmsfslvprt?OpenFrameSet