2002 Apr 12 18:18

Re: [vox] Re: Good LUG HOW-TO by Rick Moen

Re: [vox] Re: Good LUG HOW-TO by Rick Moen

Quoting Steven Peck (speck@blkmtn.org):

> As to rule #23, well, I was refering to web LUG site's that were
> obviously created in FrontPage etc...

Yep.  Seems lacking faith in the home team, doesn't it?

> Oh yes, before someone points it out, I use an MS email client.

Not the same thing:  You're not sending out announcements on behalf
of a Linux user group.  That's the sort of thing I was talking about in
the essay.

You know:  You see what's supposed to be a Linux user group, but its Web
site is Front Page, all the officers' announcements were sent using
Outlook, and the mailing list is on Yahoo Groups.  Just doesn't lend
confidence.

But I really do have some enthusiasm for some of the Linux mail clients
the essay points to.  A lot of them are getting really, really slick.
You might want to try a few.

And nobody said you should dispense with your Win32 stuff, if it solves
problems for you and you like it.  One trick I personally really like is
putting your Win32 machine in the corner and run any Win32 applications
you still need remotely via VNC from the comfort of your nice X11
desktop.  Worth a try, if you have two machines (or can get even a cheap
used P133 to serve as your second box running Linux).

More at:  http://linuxmafia.com/~rick/linux-info/vnc-and-alternatives