2002 Apr 12 16:56

Re: [vox] Linux Class in May - Volunteers?

On Fri, Apr 12, 2002 at 04:11:54PM -0700, Rod Roark wrote:
> On Friday 12 April 2002 15:48, nbs wrote:
> > On Fri, Apr 12, 2002 at 03:41:05PM -0700, Rod Roark wrote:
> > > It would be timely, I think, to conduct a "Linux in the office"
> > > class.  Skip the installation and chmod stuff, and instead
> > > show attendees what they can do with apps like:
> >
> > <snip>
> >
> > Not a bad idea!  Can we be ready for this by May?
>
> Depends on who volunteers and what they think of it...
> I could help out with system preparation.  What sort of
> equipment do we have to work with?

At the city lab, there's a collection of desktop PCs running Windows,
and a projector.

We COULD get DemoLinux running on them again, but it might be
better to provide an overview of what apps. are available, where to
get them, and briefly demonstrate them.

We can do this easily with a laptop and the projector.

Of course, I'm almost thinking THIS topic (Linux for the office)
would be better suited for a LUGOD meeting, rather than the smaller
attendance/audience of the DCN class.