2002 Apr 12 16:56

Re: [vox] Linux Class in May - Volunteers?

Re: [vox] Linux Class in May - Volunteers?

Speaking of inroads
http://www.eweek.com/article/0,3658,s=702&a=25059,00.asp
KDE 3 has a good review.

-sp

On Fri, 12 April 2002, Rod Roark wrote

> It would be timely, I think, to conduct a "Linux in
the office"
> class.  Skip the installation and chmod stuff, and
instead
> show attendees what they can do with apps like:
>
>   Gnumeric
>   OpenOffice, KWord, AbiWord
>   Mozilla, Konqueror
>   KMail, Evolution
>   KOrganizer
>   Dia
>   Gimp
>   Gnucash
>
> My point is that KDE and Gnome are looking SO good
these
> days, it's time to start trumpeting them.  Linux IS
ready
> for the desktop!
>
> This is also a good way to have several volunteers do
the

tlburnett@ucdavis.edu
> wrote:
> > > What's the format / content of the class, or is
it pretty open
> > > ended at the moment?
> >
> > Open-ended at the moment.  I've asked Richard (from
DCN) what kind
> > of technical level the class should be.
> >
> > eg:
> >
> >   "Linux is XYZ and you should use it because 123"
> >
> > or:
> >
> >   "Here's how to install..  how to log-in..  how to
chmod.."