2002 Apr 12 15:49

Re: [vox] Linux Class in May - Volunteers?

Re: [vox] Linux Class in May - Volunteers?

It would be timely, I think, to conduct a "Linux in the office"
class.  Skip the installation and chmod stuff, and instead
show attendees what they can do with apps like:

  Gnumeric
  OpenOffice, KWord, AbiWord
  Mozilla, Konqueror
  KMail, Evolution
  KOrganizer
  Dia
  Gimp
  Gnucash

My point is that KDE and Gnome are looking SO good these
days, it's time to start trumpeting them.  Linux IS ready
for the desktop!

This is also a good way to have several volunteers do the
teaching, according to what they know best.

-- Rod
   http://www.sunsetsystems.com/