2002 Apr 12 13:28

Re: [vox] Re: Good LUG HOW-TO by Rick Moen

Re: [vox] Re: Good LUG HOW-TO by Rick Moen

begin Rick Moen <rick@linuxmafia.com>
> Quoting nbs (nbs@sonic.net):
>
> > Rick - is this an offer for a talk? ;)
>
> What I _could_ do is a talk on "tactical licensing", i.e., the
> _mechanics_ of licences under copyright law.  That would cover writings
> in passing, but not focus on 'em.

this sounds great to me!  many of us are developers of some sort.  this
would be a useful talk indeed.

> Meanwhile, anyone interested in my posting here about what's up with
> that bizarre thing at the bottom of
> http://linuxmafia.com/~rick/essays/newlug.html ?  Or is that too wacked?

heh.  this is sort of along the lines of "use my exact clone, but kill
the clone if it gets a pimple".  :)   it's pretty strange, but i think
everyone can understand the reason for doing something like this.

pete