2002 Apr 12 12:28

Re: [vox] Re: Good LUG HOW-TO by Rick Moen

Re: [vox] Re: Good LUG HOW-TO by Rick Moen

Quoting nbs (nbs@sonic.net):

> Rick - is this an offer for a talk? ;)

Hmm.  All I have is a fervent dislike of some of the existing efforts, a
few theories about objectives of licences for different types of
non-software projects, and a whack-assed licence I use where I want
to encourage & permit both mirrors and forks, but don't want anyone
to put words in my mouth.  That wouldn't just be a weird talk -- it'd
probably be too short, as well.

What I _could_ do is a talk on "tactical licensing", i.e., the
_mechanics_ of licences under copyright law.  That would cover writings
in passing, but not focus on 'em.

That might be refreshing because my preference is to shitcan the
licence advocacy for a change, and focus on what _is_ rather than what
should be.

Meanwhile, anyone interested in my posting here about what's up with
that bizarre thing at the bottom of
http://linuxmafia.com/~rick/essays/newlug.html ?  Or is that too wacked?