2002 Apr 21 00:46

Re: [vox] Upcoming meeting news!

On Thursday 11 April 2002 19:17, Ryan wrote:
> Here's a few other topics I'd like to see presentations on;
>
> - Avoiding and dealing with spam
> - BASH prompt customization
> - Linux Multimedia (playing video files, ripping cds,
>   encoding/editing video, streaming, etc)
> - Getting help online ( IRC, websites, usenet, mailing lists)
>
> Anyone else have ideas?

On the Creature Shop idea, how about someone from DreamWorks?

Would be nice to get a talk on Perl, Python etc.

Maybe someone from O'Reilly on how to write technical books and get them
published.

Someone from Idgames on commercial game programming on Linux, pro's cons and
the future.

I'll think of more.

Matt