January 6: Social gathering
2002 Apr 18 11:24

Re: [vox] Fwd: Release: Copyright Protection Law (fwd)

Re: [vox] Fwd: Release: Copyright Protection Law (fwd)

begin Joel Baumert <kender@geeksource.net>

> This bill would be impossible to effectively implement
> because of legacy hardware and the pure existence of
> general purpose computing.  That and any encryption or
> watermarking would be too large a target for academia
> or people that are not bound by U.S. law.
>
> <obviously causing=trouble>
> Got to love the Libertarians... I agree with them more
> often than not, too bad they usually only have an
> icecube's chance in hell for most political offices.
> Many times a vote for their candidate is a wasted vote,
> though it may cancel out a wasted vote for Nader :-).

this is proof that joel and i really can find a common ground in
politics.   :-)    too bad brown didn't draw enough votes in florida in
the last presidential election.   *lol*

i agree with alot of what they say too.  i can't get past the gun issue
though.  coming from new york city, washington and san francisco, i can
only imagine what society would be like if every grandma, inbred yokel,
elvis impersonator and lounge lizard was packing heat.  i'd be afraid to
leave the house...  this prolly wouldn't be an issue in places like
idaho, but when the density of population gets high, it's asking for
trouble.

even here in davis, i was the victim of road rage.  some yokel in a van
tried to run me down about 4 years ago.  the only thing that saved my
life were those big planters that are put on streets so that bicycles
can get through but not cars (i was on a motorcycle).  if the dude was
"insured by smith and wesson", there's a distinct possibility that i
would be dead right now...

pete