2002 Apr 10 23:58

[vox] [OT]: george lucas - a galactic gasbag

[vox] [OT]: george lucas - a galactic gasbag

i read this over lunch:

http://www.salon.com/ent/movies/feature/2002/04/10/lucas/index.html

the author brings up some very good points (although i think the article
is about a page too long).  it tries to debunk the myth that lucas used
classic motiffs and themes as a basis for his series, and instead, used
good ol' fasioned pulp science fiction.

if you read this, make sure you get to the part that talks about how
lucas probably didn't write empire strikes back.  it was very well
written.

lucas is such a weenie.   nobody has ever earned the right to disappoint
fans as much as phantom menace did.  i'd say that even return of the
jedi came awfully close to sucking (he explains a possible reason for
this too).

pete