2002 Apr 10 16:35

Re: [vox] [OT] A history of enterprises

On Wed, 10 Apr 2002, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:

> i don't remember riker ever officially being the
> captain of the enterprise (except when piccard was turned into locutus).

As I recall, that was the last episode of STTNG, where Picard was in the
future, Riker came to his aid with the good ol' 1701-D, salvaged from the
junkyard and retrofitted with the modern weapons that could destroy the
entire klingon (or was it romulan?) warship with a single phaser blast.

It was a very cool and memorable scene.

BTW, one of the startrek novels, Imzadi, has Data commanding Enterprise
1701-F (or was it E?).  The webmaster either missed that or didn't want to
use it.

-Mark

--
Mark K. Kim