January 6: Social gathering
2002 Apr 02 17:24

Re: [vox] Re: [Lug-Nuts] New meeting schedule for sacLUG meetings

Re: [vox] Re: [Lug-Nuts] New meeting schedule for sacLUG meetings

I think we should also add a couple more meeting times.  We already
have a hard time scheduling talks because we have so many people that
wanna give talks; adding more meeting times would allow us to make
more talk schedules.  Following SacLUG's idea, we should also make our
meeting days easy to remember; I propose the following:

   First Friday
   Second Thursday
   Third Wednesday
   Fourth Tuesday
   And fifth Monday, when applicable.

These days have the advantage that we can provide the speakers with a
choice of any days of the week for their talk, whichever is most
convenient for them.  The only drawback is that Wednesdays overlap with
Saclug's meetings, but we can actually take advantage of this by having
joint meetings on Wednesdays.  This wouldn't be a problem since our
meetings are now in Sacramento, and it would help boost our social
relationships with our neighboring LUGs.

-Mark :)

On Mon, 1 Apr 2002, nbs wrote:

> Also, since this new schedule more closely matches LUGOD's meeting
> schedule, LUGOD is now part of SacLUG, and will be holding meetings
> in Sacramento.
>
> -bill!
>
> On Mon, Apr 01, 2002 at 01:44:04PM -0800, Brian Lavender wrote:
> > Since we have various people who can't make a specific meeting day for
> > the week, sacLUG will now have more expanded meeting schedule, so we
> > can accomodate everyone.
> >
> > The meeting dates will be on the following days of the month.
> >
> > First Monday
> > Second Tues
> > Third Wed
> > Fourth Thurs
> > and when applicable, fifth friday.
> >
> > And if you are a real gearhead, that means that you can attend up to
> > five sacLUG meetings per month. The meeting topic will be the same for
> > all the meetings, since some people may only be able to make it to one
> > of the meetings.
> >
> > And look how easy it will be to remember when there is a meeting. ;-)
> >
> > brian
> > --
> > Brian Lavender
> > http://www.brie.com/brian/

Mark K. Kim
http://www.cbreak.org/
PGP key available upon request.
E-mail addr is spam resistant.  Remove "_void" before replying via e-mail.