2002 Apr 02 17:17

[vox] (fwd) Volunteer Opportunity

I saw this on the ucd.cs.club mailing list, and thought it'd be
appropriate to share here, since we're all into this kind of stuff ;)

-- forwarded message --
From: "Sigrid Roehling" <sroehling@ucdavis.edu>
Newsgroups: ucd.cs.club
Subject: Volunteer Opportunity
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2002 15:46:07 -0800

Hello:

I am writing to see if the UCD Computer Science club (or any individual
members of your club) would be interested in doing a small volunteer project
for our non-profit.

I am with Yolo Connections in Woodland, a non-profit that offers social
services to at-risk youth in our community, and we are in desperate need of
a new web site! Our existing site is 4 years old and completely out-dated.
We were hoping that some members of your group may be willing to do few
hours of volunteer work for us and our website?

We are not looking for anything fancy, just a few updates and additions to
what it already there. (We also may need some advice regarding our domain
name.) I know that the work may not be very challenging, given the level of
skill the members of your club possess, but it would mean the world to those
of us trying to get this crucial information out to the public.

Please let me know if this would be a project you are interested in working
on. If you are not interested but you know of another group I could contact,
that information would be appreciated as well.

Thank you for your time,
Sarah Rees
Yolo County Mentoring Ambassador
530-661-6636