2002 Mar 29 12:49

RE: [vox] Zen and the Art of System Maintenance

RE: [vox] Zen and the Art of System Maintenance

Heh,

You know, I've actually wondered that sometimes myself.  I have a remote
shell account on a friends Linux box that is very handy sometimes.  Now
I use X-Window over ssh to get to it.  He hasn't updated Mozilla for a
WHILE.  It was convient for me to download and set up the newer version
for myself in my home directory for my own use till he gets around to
updating it.

So, from a general system point, I suspose it would be better to
'upgrade' the package for 'all users' even if you are the only one.  You
never know when you are going to have company and want to setup an
account for them to browse the web and get their email and such.

Then again, this is only an observation.  I don't admin Linux systems in
a work envirnment.

-sp