January 6: Social gathering
2002 Mar 28 09:15

Re: [vox] Intro-to-Linux Class with DCN

Eric Engelhard wrote:

> nbs wrote:
[snip]
> > I'd be happy to teach or co-teach another intro. class.
> > Who else would like to help out?

Oops! Sticky mouse button. I meant to say:

UC Extension could use an introductory Linux course for biologists. I
estimate that less than 5% of biologists interested in informatics are
familiar with Linux, in spite of the fact that Linux is certainly the
best bioinformatics choice. O'Reilley's has recognized the recent
bioinformatics trend with a barrage of publications and conferences, but
grass roots exposure among biologists is still low. In January, I taught
the first UDC Extension introductory bioinformatics course. It was full
and had a significant wait list.

If anyone is interested in teaching an intro course, then please let me
know and I'll put you in contact with UC Extension.
--
Eric Engelhard - www.cvbig.org - www.sagresdiscovery.com